A simple 12 pose sequence that welcomes the sun, and awakens your energy. It is best practiced first thing in the morning by any skill level
Familiarize yourself with each pose. Even though there are 12 in total, there are really 8 unique ones, the others repeat.
Transition from pose to pose as smoothly as possible.
I like to Exhale while moving from pose to pose, and Inhale while I’m in the pose to deepen it.
Don’t be afraid to flip it around as well to see what happens.
3 rounds (36 poses in total) – 5 to 10 min.
1. Prayer Pose – Pranamasana
2. Raised Arms Pose – Hastauttanasana
3. Hand to Foot Pose – Hasta Padasana
4. Equestrian Pose – Ashwa Sanchalanasana (right leg back)
5. Downward Dog Pose – Adho Mukha Svanasana
6. Salute with Eight Parts Pose – Ashtanga Namaskara
7. Cobra Pose – Bhujangasana
8. Downward Dog Pose – Adho Mukha Svanasana
9. Equestrian Pose – Ashwa Sanchalanasana (right leg forward)
10. Hand to Foot Pose – Hasta Padasana
11. Raised Arms Pose – Hastauttanasana
12. Prayer Pose – Pranamasana
Try to notice that most people start their day by getting out of bed, brushing their teeth, and eating some breakfast. All nice routines to get going, but how about some movement for the body, and getting the energy flowing within?
This simple practice that can be done daily, will prepare your body for all the actions that will be needed to be done throughout your day. Think about it, you move the body but apart from some exercise, you never really start the system. You just expect it to go each day, and then when you have an awkward turn or step and kink your back or neck, you get frustrated or angry, yet what did you do to prepare?
After doing these asanas, not only will you feel good, but you will start noticing your energies rise and a new dimension opening up in you. It will infuse how you take on each day. Everything takes time, so put in the work and see what happens.